This pickup works by utilising a matched pair of virtually weightless film sensors which flex with the soundboard to trace your guitar’s voice much like diaphragms in a stereo mic, as a result this inhibits feedback and string squeak while selectively admitting rich tone-producting vibrations. The iBeam will not alter the guitar’s natural acoustics and easily mounts to the bridge plate with peel-and-stick adhesive.
The iBeam Active pairs the iBeam with an endpin preamp and sound hole volume control.
The ultra-quiet preamp faithfully amplifies every nuance of the pickup. An auxiliary passive channel is also available for adding a secondary pickup.
- Quick and easy installation
- Includes iBeam placement jig (pin bridge guitars only)
- Natural string-to-string balance and dynamics
- Fits most X-Braced guitars
- All-discrete Class A preamp for warm, analog sound
- Available in steel and nylon string versions