The ARP Odyssey is one of the most influential analog synths of all time, and has long been one of the go to classic synths for musicians and vintage synth enthusiasts alike. Now resurrected by Korg, the classic sounds of the ARP Odyssey are now available in this synth module, offering the same classic analog tone in a more compact and reliable unit.
Based around a 2VCO duophonic design, the ARP Odyssey MR1 module is a desktop synth module that perfectly syncs up with you studio set up, seamlessly integrating with your DAW through USB, MIDI, 1/4" Jack and XLR outputs to open up no end of new tonal possibilities. Based on the original white Rev1 model, the Korg ARP Odyssey MR1 Module utilises the same circuitry as the original and shares many of the same functions. The pitch of the oscillators is variable over a wide range and can be easily modulated with the original spec rubber pad Proportional Pitch Control.
A variety of low pass and high pass filtering options are easy to experiment with, as well as a harmonically rich ring modulator effect and drive for getting some powerful naturally saturated synth sounds. Arguably the most unique feature is the ARP Odyssey MR1 module's S/H MIxer, allowing you to create interesting sample & hold sounds that can be triggered by either the LFO or an external keyboard for some interesting and experimental sounds. An authentic recreation of the tone of the original units, the Korg ARP Odyssey MR1 module is a studio must have.
Few companies can claim to have had as much impact on the world of electronic musical instruments as Korg, with a brand that is now synonymous with forward thinking, intuitive and performance ready keyboards, synthesisers and drum machines.
- An ARP ODYSSEY in module form that emanates synthesis power from your tabletop
- True analog sound generated by a complete replication of the original ARP Odyssey's circuitry
- Duophonic design with two VCOs
- A rich variety of modulation
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones
- Noise generator provides two types of noise: white and pink
- LFO and sample & hold are provided, with switchable routing
- Equipped with all three historic iterations of ARP’s low-pass filter circuit
- The DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR
- The original PPC based on a rubber pad has been reproduced
- MIDI IN connector and a USB MIDI port are provided
- Lineup includes the historical Rev1 and Rev3 designs