Like many of their other creations, JHS Pedals can often lay claim to some pretty impressive 'firsts' within the effect building world, and the Unicorn is no different. The original Unicorn V1 was the first ever true analog photocell Uni Vibe to incorporate tap tempo. The JHS Pedals Unicorn V2 takes that original design retains all the warm tonal character and usability of the original, now in an even smaller enclosure and at a lower price point!
The JHS Pedals Unicorn V2 is based around the legendary Shin Ei Uni Vibe pedal, offering the sort of rich and psychedelic photocell modulation that defined the sound of the late 60's. Featuring standard controls for volume, modulation speed and modulation depth, it is the Unicorn V2's additional functionality that really sets it apart from other Uni Vibe effects. The on board tap tempo is a first for a pedal of its kind, and when paired with the Ratio control, the Unicorn V2 is incredibly flexible. The Ratio control allows you to seamlessly switch between tempo sub divisions. A mini Wet / Dry toggle switch offers a traditional Uni Vibe tone and a more Vibrato like sound, similar to the original Shin Ei units. The JHS Pedals Unicorn can also be used with an external expression pedal, allowing you to have variable control over the speed of the Uni Vibe, for maximum flexibility and a tone that stays true to its vintage roots.
Combining sleek designs with a great tones, JHS Pedals are regarded as some of the finest sounding hand made guitar effects pedals on the market
- All-analog signal path delivers a warm, touch-sensitive tone
- Dry/Wet toggle selects between a Uni-Vibe* and vibrato effect
- Control the rate of the effect with the Speed knob or onboard tap-tempo footswitch
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
- Internal Tap/Expression mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Expression pedal control of the Unicorn’s rate in the Exp setting