Harking back to the lush, warm modulation tones of the 80's, the JHS Pedals Emperor V2 has all the tonal character of your favourite Chorus & Vibrato Pedals, while giving you the added benefits of an on board tap tempo function and active EQ controls. The original Emperor V1 took up way more pedalboard space, and the new V2 model retains the sound of its bigger brother while taking up far less space in your rig.
The JHS Pedals Emperor V2 is a vintage correct recreation of the elusive Arion SCH-1, a Japanese made Chorus pedal that helped to define the sound of the 1980's. Featuring standard controls for volume, modulation speed and modulation depth, the Emperor V2 is based around a set of bucket brigade 3207 chips that retain all the vintage warmth you could want from a Chorus / Vibrato pedal. A mini toggle switch allows you to switch between the two effects, while active EQ circuitry gives you a huge range of tonal variation, from pristine sounding modulation to a darker Chorus sound that retains plenty of low end. Also featuring on board tap tempo, the Emperor V2 gives you the flexibility to sync up your modulation speed to whatever you are playing. The JHS Pedals Emperor V2 can also be used with an external expression pedal, allowing you to have variable control over the speed of the modulation with an external expression pedal.
Combining sleek designs with a great tones, JHS Pedals are regarded as some of the finest sounding hand made guitar effects pedals on the market
- The glorious tones of a real-deal, 3207 chipset bucket brigade topology
- Mini toggle switch selects between chorus and vibrato effects
- Three available waveform types (sine, square, and triangle)
- Intuitive controls for Volume, EQ, Speed, and Depth
- Control the rate with the onboard Speed knob or tap tempo footswitch
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting