The Fender Powercaster is the latest original design from the company, with a shape loosely based on classic Fender offset designs and a pickup configuration that combines powerful tones with plenty of versatility. The Fender Powercaster in White Opal continues Fenders legacy of innovation and forward thinking guitar building.
The unique new design of the Powercaster features and Alder body paired with a beautiful modern 'C' profile Roasted Maple neck, each of which is hand finished and hand oiled before leaving the factory. The Pau Ferro fretboard features Medium Jumbo frets and a 9.5" radius for a comfortable feel and easy lead playing. The Powercaster also features a 24.75" scale length, giving it a feel more reminiscent of a Les Paul style guitar with easier bends and a warmer overall tone due to the lower string tension.
The Fender Powercaster in White Opal features a unique pickup pairing not found on other Fender models until now, with an Atomic Humbucker in the bridge and an MP-90 single coil in the neck. This results in a balanced tone that can cover a range of sounds, but certainly leans more towards higher gain playing with plenty of bite to the tone. The Fender Powercaster is finished off with a 3 Ply Parchment pickguard, adjustomatic bridge and includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Roasted Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil Finish with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650”
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjusto-Matic™ with Anchored-Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Atomic™ Humbucking (bridge)
MP-90 Soapbar (neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome