The Fender Telecaster is about as iconic as it gets, with a simplistic design that since its initial release has shaped the course of popular music. The new Player series from Fender builds on this history, offering a mixture of classic styling and authentic Fender tone that provides you with an instrument that is reliable, versatile and endlessly creative.
The new Fender Player Telecaster stays true to the history of the model with a stripped back, traditional design that incorporates classic Telecaster looks and tone. The Alder body is equipped with three specially designed Player series Alnico 5 pickups that have all the chime and sparkle of a vintage Telecaster, but with a crisper, more focused sound. The neck features both a 'Modern C' profile and 9.5" fretboard radius, which when combined with the smooth finish to the back of the neck makes for an extremely comfortable playing experience with a profile suited to a huge range of styles.
Other features include a modern style Fender six saddle string through body bridge for added resonance and intonation stability, a 2 way pickup selector switch, 3 ply pick guard, sealed tuning machines and a four bolt 'F' stamped neck plate.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650"
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast / Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele® with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Tele Single-Coil (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)