The Fender Precision Bass was the first electric bass guitar to be widely available and went on to have a huge impact on the course of popular music from the 50's onwards. As Rock 'n' Roll began to really take off, the Precision Bass became the workhorse instrument of choice for both studio musicians and touring bands, and that is still the case today. The new Player series from Fender builds on this history, offering a mixture of classic styling and authentic Fender tone that provides you with an instrument that is reliable, versatile and endlessly creative.
The new Fender Player Precision Bass remains true to its vintage roots with some added modern features. The Alder body is equipped with a classic split coil Precision Bass pickup with Alnico 5 magnet, providing that same punchy Fender bass tone, but slightly hotter for a fatter low end sound. The neck sports a comfortable 'Modern C' profile and 9.5" fretboard radius, which when combined with the smooth finish to the back of the neck makes for a bass that is quick and easy to play for all kinds of players. The addition of the traditional 4 saddle bridge design ensures stable tuning and easy intonation.
Other features include knurled chrome master tone and master volume controls, a 3 ply pick guard, vintage styled open gear tuning machiens and a four bolt 'F' stamped neck plate.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front (Maple)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.625”
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34"
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)