The Fender Jazz Bass is revered for its versatility and classic Fender tone, and his been a staple of rock, funk jazz and countless other genres since 1960. Known for its focused sound with a tight midrange and bass response, as well as a slimmer neck profile, the Fender Jazz bass is a favourite for all kinds of players. The new Player series from Fender builds on this history, offering a mixture of classic styling and authentic Fender tone that provides you with an instrument that is reliable, versatile and endlessly creative.
The new Fender Player Jazz Bass features the traditional Fender Jazz bass pickup orientation while incorporating a more modern feel. The Alder body is equipped with two single coil Alnico 5 Player series designed Jazz Bass pickups, for a snappy, focused sound but with a more modern output for better low end presence. The neck profile is a comfortable 'Modern C' profile paired with a 9.5" fretboard radius. The Fender Player Jazz Bass also features a narrow 1.5" nut, making the next slimmer and quick to get around.The addition of the traditional 4 saddle bridge design ensures stable tuning and easy intonation.
Other features include separate volume controls for each pickup to perfectly fine tune your sound, a 3 ply pick guard, vintage styled open gear tuning machines and a four bolt 'F' stamped neck plate.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.5”
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34"
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass® (Bridge/Middle)
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)