Initially introduced as Fenders feature heavy top of the range instrument in the early 60's, the Fender Jaguar has gone on to become synonymous with underground and alternative musical styles ever since. The new Player series from Fender builds on this history, putting a twist on the classic Jaguar sound with a more modern edge, while retaining all the charm and versatility of those original guitars.
The new Fender Player Jaguar mixes vintage looks, traditional Fender chime and modern switching options resulting in a thoroughly unique guitar. Featuring a standard Alder body construction, the Player Jaguar features a traditional RF shielded Jaguar single coil in the neck position with a specially designed Player series Jaguar Humbucker in the bridge position for extra warmth and bite. The Player Jaguar is capable of a huge range of sounds, especially with the ability to split the coil of the bride humbucker at the flick of a switch. The maple is a 'Modern C' profile and 9.5" fretboard radius with 22 medium jumbo frets for comfortable playing and easy expression. The Player Jaguar also features a vintage inspired six saddle bridge and floating tremolo tailpiece, staying true to its 60's roots.
Other features include an offset body design, a 3 ply pick guard, vintage styled open gear tuning machiens and a four bolt 'F' stamped neck plate.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Head- stock Face
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650”
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 24"
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 3 Jaguar Humbucking (Bridge), Player Series Alnico 2 Jaguar Single-Coil (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)