There are only a handful of living musicians that can be truly considered iconic guitar players, and Johnny Marr is without doubt a member of this exclusive club. With The Smiths, he helped to create a unique sound that went on to define the 1980's and has since become recognised as one of the most important periods in British music. Further to this, his work with Modest Mouse, The Pretenders and The Cribs as well as his solo career further cement his place as one of the most influential modern guitarists. The Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar pays homage to both the man and the guitar that best encapsulates his distinctive sound, now available in a stunning Lake Placid Blue nitrocellulose finish.
When first exploring Fender Jaguars, Johnny Marr set about acquiring as many different options as he could, hoping to stumble upon the perfect vintage Jaguar. That guitar was a '65 Jaguar and it went on to be meticulously recreated by Fender, forming the basis for this signature model. The neck is Maple with a Rosewood board and traditional pearloid dot inlays, featuring a Custom Shop designed neck profile that precisely replicates the feel and playability of Johnny's Jag. The profile is based around a mid 60's Fender 'C,' and is comfortable and easy to play, with a vintage correct 7.25" fretboard radius and vintage style frets.
The alder body is fitted with a pair of Custom Would Bare Knuckle pickups, would to the same spec as Johnny Marr's own pickups for a sound that embodies all versatility and vintage twang and clarity of the best vintage Jaguar pickups. The Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Lake Placid Blue is finished in a genuine nitrocellulose lacquer, allowing the wood to breathe and resonate as much as possible, keeping the Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar firmly rooted in the heritage of Fender's 60's golden era.
The Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar also features many upgrades on the classic Jaguar design to make it as similar to Johnny Marr's own guitars as possible, incorporating a number of popular after market modifications that have been employed by players of Fender offsets for years. The traditional threaded saddle bridge is replaced by a Mustang style saddled bridge, which along with the nylon bridge post and tremolo arm inserts make the overall stability and playability of the instrument far more reliable. Traditional Jaguar switching is replaced with a four way pickup selector, allowing for bridge and neck pickups alone as well as bridge and neck together in both series and parallel. When combined with the upper horn bright switches, the Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar is one of the most tonally versatile Fender offset guitars around.
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Custom Shop Based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar Guitar
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Style
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage Style Butt Adjust
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr
- Neck Pickup: Custom Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Special Electronics: Dual upper-horn slide switches (universal bright and pickup-switch position four bright)
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: Jaguar® Bridge with Mustang® Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: 6-in-Line American Vintage
- Neck Plate: 4 Bolt Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Switch Tip: Chrome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity