Introduced in 1954, few instruments have played as big a part in popular music as the Fender Stratocaster. The American Pro Stratocaster is the latest incarnation of this iconic instrument, and sets the new benchmark for American made electric guitars much like the American Standard did before it. This Fender FSR Limited Edition American Pro Stratocaster in Sonic Blue features a Roasted Maple neck and a host of upgrades to make this one of the highest spec USA Strats available at the moment.
The Alder body is equipped with a set of upgraded '69 Custom Shop single coil Strat pickups, with a clarity and definition only found with Custom Shop made pickups, offering plenty of vintage voiced Fender tone. The Roasted Maple neck not only looks spectacular but also offers plenty of top end sparkle, while the Rosewood board adds a rich and warm character to the tone. The neck sports a bone nut and narrow tall frets, along with the new 'Deep C' neck profile for a comfortable playing feel right across the neck. With more substantial shoulders than a traditional 'C' neck profile, this neck feels slightly fuller in the hand but will still feel familiar and natural to Fender players.
The American Pro Stratocaster also includes a number of redesigned features with the aim of improving playability and stability for modern guitarist. The 2 point synchronised tremolo system now features a pop in tremolo arm for ease of use, as well as Fenders new Treble Bleed circuitry, designed to preserve your guitars high end as you roll the volume off. As an FSR model, this guitar features a vintage inspired Sonic Blue finish, and also include an Elite molded Fender hard case.
The American Pro Stratocaster is the perfect mixture of modern features and the design and tone of Fenders most recognisable golden era instrument.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: 1 piece Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Truss Rod: Nut 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: '69 Custom Shop Single Coil
- Middle Pickup: '69 Custom Shop Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: '69 Custom Shop Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge and Middle Pickups)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case