One of the most exciting announcements as part of Fenders Alternate Reality series, the Electric XII is the rebirth of a cult classic from the 1960's. Originally released in 1965, the Fender Electric XII combines the jangly 12 string sound of 60's rock n roll with classic Fender single coil tone. A nod to Fenders 60's heyday, the Electric XII adds an entirely new tonal palette to your arsenal.
The Fender Electric XII features a traditional Alder body design, with the body fitted two split-coil Electric XII pickups. This design is most often seen on the Fender Precision Bass, and on the Electric XII it allows for an extremely balanced sound that is formed of classic Fender chime and more warmth than you would expect. The Maple neck features a Pau Ferro fingerboard and Modern 'C' shaped neck profile with 9.5" radius for a comfortable playing feel. Other vintage inspired features include a fully adjustable 12 saddle hardtail bridge, 4 ply Tortoiseshell pickguard and skirted black knobs. The Fender Electric XII also includes a Deluxe gig bag.
- Series: Alternate Reality
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.685”
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Bridge: Fully Adjustable 12-Saddle Hardtail Bridge
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Pickups: Split-Coil Electric XII (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle (Position 1: Bridge Pickup, Position 2: Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3: Neck Pickup)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic w/Numbered Indicators
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome