The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1959 Heavy Relic Telecaster in Olive Drab is the latest limited run offering from Fender's most elite guitar builders. Pairing a two piece Alder body with a quarter sawn Maple neck and a heavy relic finish, the Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Heavy Relic Telecaster is full of the kind of vintage vibe and character that normally takes a lifetime to achieve straight out of the case.
The neck is a mid 60's oval C profile which gives an immediately comfortable and familiar feel and is finished with a dark tint lacquer for that extra vintage look. The neck is smooth and easy to play, helped in no small part by the tasteful relic work done by the Custom Shop team, with the neck immediately feeling as if it has been played in over many years.
The body is fitted with Custom Shop Hand Wound '63 Telecaster pickups, for the most accurate vintage Tele tone available, with just the right amount of traditional tele twang and bite. The Olive Drab finish is aged beautifully, taking on the slightly green hue of an aged Lake Placid Blue finish. Also included is a limited edition white tolex Custom Shop hard case.
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1959 Heavy Relic Telecaster in Olive Drab is a great chance to own a stunning custom shop instrument manufactured in very limited numbers.
- Model Name: 1959 Heavy Relic® Telecaster®, Maple Fingerboard, Olive Drab
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Olive Drab
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Mid 60's Oval 'C'
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple Neck
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound 1963 Telecaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound 1963 Telecaster
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Modern Tele® Wiring with Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat Top
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity