Released in 1968 the Thinline Telecaster is a firm favourite of those who have one in their arsenal, and this limited model is designed to answer the question "what would a Thinline have looked like if it was made in the 50's"?
The 50's Thinline Telecaster pairs a two piece Ash body with a Solid Rosewood neck. The whole guitar is reliced; the "Relic" finish is designed to show years of playing with different dings and marks to show different parts of a story, to give your guitar a history from the moment you take it out the case for the first time.
The neck is Solid Rosewood with a soft 57 v profile giving the palm a truly vintage flavour, however the AAA Rosewood fingerboard is a more modern 9.5 radius which is capped with 6105 skinny jumbo frets giving a more modern feel under the fingers. The pickups are equally unconventional, a Fender Custom Shop Hand Wound Blackguard in the Bridge and a Custom Shop Hand Wound Twisted Tele in the neck show no compromise to tone or tonal variety and balance, these two pickups run to a three way switch which includes Fender's Greasebucket Tone Circuit which retains volume when you roll back the tone control.
Includes a Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: Limited Edition ‘50s Thinline Tele®, Relic®, Vintage Blonde
- Model Number: 1510500807
- Series: Custom Limited
- Color: Vintage Blonde
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Relic® Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rosewood
- Neck Shape: 1957 Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Special "Limited Edition"
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood (Sorted for Dark)
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Original Blackguard Tele® Bridge
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound "Twisted" Tele® Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone with Greasebucket™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Modern Tele® Wiring with Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Bridge: '51 Nocaster Bridge with Reverse Angle Center Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment Relic®
- Control Knobs: Nocaster® Chrome Relic®
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity