New for this year, the Fender Custom Shop 2019 Heavy Relic 1952 Telecaster celebrates the most important innovation in guitar playing - the first mass produced electric solid body. The classic Blackguard style Telecaster has remained one of the most sought after instruments in Fenders history. This Fender Custom Shop 1952 Telecaster celebrates the early years of a guitar that would go on to be one of the most important instruments of rock 'n' roll.
The lightweight Ash body is paired with a Quartersawn Maple neck, featuring a chunky but playable '52 'U' profile on the back and a 9.5 radius on the front capped with 6105 Narrow Jumbo frets, giving you a vintage feel with modern playability. The body is loaded with matched Custom Shop Hand wound '51 Nocaster pickups for the most authentic vintage Fender tone around, with plenty of bite in the bridge position with a vintage voiced mellow tone in the neck, along with Fat '50s Tele wiring. Finished in a beautifully heavy relic'd Aged Nocaster Blonde, the Fender Custom Shop 2019 Heavy Relic 1952 Telecaster immediately feels comfortable in the hand and oozes vintage vibe.
Other features include a period correct ‘51/’54 bridge with brass saddles, vintage style Fender tuners, a single ply Black Phenolic pickguard and deluxe hardshell case complete with Custom Shop Certificate.
- Model Name: 1952 Telecaster® Heavy Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Nocaster Blonde
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Aged Nocaster Blonde
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 1952 "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-wound '51 Nocaster Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-wound '51 Nocaster Single Coil
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Solid Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity