First released in 1950, the Esquire was one of the earliest guitars made by Fender, and like many of the instruments has served as a popular platform for modification and experimentation ever since. The Fender Custom Shop 2018 Limited Relic Double Esquire Special celebrates this rich history, with a striking Aged Black With Silver Sparkle Top making this one of the best looking Custom Shop instruments of this years range.
The Fender Custom Shop 2018 Limited Relic Double Esquire features a single bound two piece Ash body and a AAA flame Maple neck. The neck profile is a traditional 50's style '10/56 'V'' which is full feeling and extremely playable. The Limited Relic Double Esquire really comes in to its own with the electronics. The body is fitted with two Fender Custom Shop Hand wound Nocaster pickups and Fenders Modified Nocaster wiring, which features a mix of traditional 50's style wiring and more modern usability.
- Position One is the bridge pickup alone with a volume control and a blend control to mix in as much of the neck pickup as you desire.
- Position Two offers the neck pickup alone, wired direct to the volume pot
- Position Three offers the neck pickup alone with a .001uF capacitor and 10k resistor for a great rhythm tone with the volume and tone sounding slightly rolled off
Other features include a single ply eggshell pickguard, a 50's spec bridge with brass saddles, vintage style tuning machines and a deluxe hardshell case complete with Fender Custom Shop Certification.
- Model Name: Limited Edition 2018 Relic Double Esquire Special
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Aged Black With Silver Sparkle Top
- Weight: 7.18 lbs
- Body Shape: Esquire®
- Body Material: Premium Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1 Piece AAA Flame Maple
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Flame Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound Open Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup With Blender, Position 2. Neck Pickup With Volume, Position 3. Neck Pickup With .001uF Capacitor & 10k Resistor
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Included Accessories: Deluxe hardshell case, strap, Certificate of Authenticity.