Initially introduced as Fenders top of the line model in the late 50's, the Fender Jazzmaster was the deluxe instrument intended to supersede the Stratocaster. Designed with jazz players in mind, it actually found favour with alternative musicians from the 60's onwards, contributing heavily to the sound and aesthetic of Surf, New Wave and Grunge to name but a few. Drawing on the history of the model and combining some of Fenders 50's features with 60's style Faded Daphne Blue finish, the Fender Custom Shop 2018 Journeyman Relic 50's Jazzmaster is an inspiring new take on a classic Fender instrument.
Constructed from an Ash body paired with a Maple Rift Sawn Neck, this "Journeyman" finished instrument is engineered to represent a well loved, and a well played guitar, handed down through the years but not leaving the house often, with a few marks and some checking. The neck is a 1957 Soft 'V' profile with a 9.5 radius, 6105 Narrow Jumbo frets, combining a true vintage feel with modern playability. The body is fitted with Custom Shop Hand-wound Jazzmaster Single Coil pickups, that provide all the balance and definition that you would expect to find in a Jazzmaster.
Other features include a 50's style gold anodized pickguard, vinatge style Jazzmaster wiring, vintage style tuning machines and a deluxe hardshell case with Custom Shop Certificate.
- Model Name: 2018 Journeyman Relic 50's Jazzmaster
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Faded Daphne Blue
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Body Material: Premium Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple Riff Sawn
- Neck Shape: 1957 Soft 'V'
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: One Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Lead Tone Circuit, Down: Rhythm Tone Circuit
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: RSD Jaguar/ Jazzmaster
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1 Ply Gold
- Control Knobs: Aluminium Knurled Relic
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity