The Fender Custom Shop 2018 Journeyman Relic 1964 Stratocaster in 3 Colour Sunburst is yet another great guitar from the Fender Custom Shop that encompasses many of the specs that have become standard practice on the modern Stratocasters of today. Featuring a round lam rosewood board, parchment guard and mid 60's style 3 Colour Sunburst, this Strat is a wonderful recreation of one of Fenders last pre CBS instruments.
The neck is a '63 C' profile which gives an immediately comfortable and familiar feel and is finished with a AAA grade rosewood fingerboard. Featuring a 9.5" fretboard radius and 6105 narrow jumbo frets, the Journeyman Relic 1964 Stratocaster compliments its vintage aesthetic and tone with modern playability, making it an incredibly versatile instrument
The 2 piece Alder body is finished in a vibrant mid 60's 3 Colour Sunburst and is fitted with three hand wound Custom Shop 1964 Stratocaster pickups, for the most accurate vintage Strat tone available, equal parts smooth and biting when necessary. The middle pickup is Reverse Wound Reverse Polarity, allowing for hum-cancelling in positions two and four of the five way selector switch.
- Model Name: Fender Custom Shop 2018 Journeyman Relic 1964 Stratocaster
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Faded 3-Tone Sunburst
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: '63 C'
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 1964 Bridge
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 1964 RWRP Middle
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 1964 Neck
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage White