The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition NAMM 1960 Heavy Relic Stratocaster is the latest limited run offering from Fender's most elite guitar builders. Pairing a two piece Ash body with a quarter sawn AA flame Maple neck and a heavy relic finish, the Custom Shop Ltd NAMM 1960 Strat is full of the kind of vintage vibe and character that normally takes a lifetime to achieve straight out of the case.
The neck is a mid 60's oval C profile which gives an immediately comfortable and familiar feel and is finished with a AAA grade slab rosewood fingerboard. However, the compound radius on this Custom Shop Strat provides the player with the perfect combination of vintage style and modern playability. Moving from a 9.5" to 12" radius, it gives the player a more contemporary feel than most vintage 'C' profile necks.
The body is fitted with three hand wound Custom Shop 60/63 Stratocaster pickups, for the most accurate vintage Strat tone available, equal parts smooth and biting when necessary. The middle pickup is Reverse Wound Reverse Polarity, allowing for hum-cancelling in positions two and four of the five way selector switch.
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition NAMM 1960 Heavy Relic Stratocaster includes a hard case, strap, and limited edition Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
- Model Name: 2017 Ltd NAMM 1960 Heavy Relic® Stratocaster® - Compound Radius
- Series: 2017 NAMM Limited Edition
- Color: Aged 3-Tone Sunburst
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Thin Skin Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn AA Flame Maple
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s Oval “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" - 12" (Compound Radius)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105
- String Nut: Bone
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 60/63 Bridge
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 60/63 RWRP Middle
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 60/63 Neck
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Custom Relic® Coffee White