Presented in a 1955 Desert Tan over a Chocolate 2-Tone Sunburst this hand crafted Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster is comprised of a 2 Piece Select Ash Body paired with a Quartersawn Maple Neck. Heavy Relic is the name given to one of Fender's more intensive processes of ageing giving the guitar the look and feel of an instrument which has rarely seen the inside of its case.
The Quartersawn neck is a U profile on the back and a 9.5 radius on the front capped with #6105 Frets, giving you a vintage feel with modern playability. This Stratocaster has hand wound 1955 Pickups with Alnico 3 Magnets housed in 1954 Covers. The guitars uncompromising tone also benefits from Fender's "Tone Saver Treble Bleed" Circuit which allows for clear tone no matter where the volume control is set.
Includes a Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: 1955 Stratocaster® Heavy Relic®, '55 Desert Tan over Chocolate 2-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 1529452189
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: '55 Desert Tan over Chocolate 2-Color Sunburst
- Weight: 7.12 lbs
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1954 "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Handwound '55 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '55 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '55 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Eggshell
- Unique Features: Tone-Saver Treble Bleed
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.