Introduced in 1954, few instruments have played as big a part in popular music as the Fender Stratocaster. The American Pro Stratocaster is the latest incarnation of this iconic instrument, and sets the new benchmark for American made electric guitars much like the American Standard did before it. The American Pro Stratocaster features the same classic tone and looks as its predecessors, while new features provide a more modern playing experience.
The Alder body is equipped with 3 Tim Shaw designed V-Mod pickups. These new V-Mod pickups seek to retain the versatility and clarity of Strats of yesteryear, while giving a slightly hotter output for more modern playing styles. The Alnico magnets used are unique to each pickup position, ensuring you get maximum tonal response wherever the pickup selector is set. The Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard sport a bone nut and narrow tall frets, along with the new 'Deep C' neck profile. With more substantial shoulders than a traditional 'C' neck profile, this neck feels slightly fuller in the hand but will still feel familiar and natural to Fender players.
The American Pro Stratocaster also includes a number of redesigned features with the aim of improving playability and stability for modern guitarist. The traditional synchronised tremolo system now features a pop in tremolo arm for ease of use, as well as Fenders new Treble Bleed circuitry, designed to preserve your guitars high end as you roll the volume off. All American Pro series guitars are available in a range of vintage inspired and more modern finishes, and also include an Elite molded Fender hard case.
The American Pro Stratocaster is the perfect mixture of modern features and the design and tone of Fenders most recognisable golden era instrument.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Truss Rod: Nut 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge and Middle Pickups)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case