The Fender American Performer series pairs classic Fender designs with redesigned electronics and a range of new finishes, making it Fender's most affordable and inspiring USA made model. Made in Corona, California, this American Performer Mustang Bass features an Alder body, Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard, with a 'Modern C' neck profile and 9.5" radius that can be relied upon to be comfortable across any kind of playing style. The American Performer Mustang Bass is the first US made short scale bass from Fender since the early 80's, and shows how the popularity of these shorter scale models continues to grow.
The American Performer Mustang Bass features newly designed Yosemite split coil Mustang pickup paired with a traditional Yosemite Jazz Bass single coil pickup with Greasebucket tone circuitry, making it the most tonally versatile Mustang Bass money can buy. The American Performer Mustang also features a traditional four saddle Mustang bridge, with barrel saddles for increased stability. Other features include 19 jumbo frets across a shorter 30" scale neck, vintage style tuning machines and a deluxe Fender gig bag.
- Series: American Performer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 19, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.625"
- Tuning Machines: Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 30"
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Performer Mustang Bass
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: Bridge - Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass, Middle - Yosemite Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Control Knobs: Black
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag