The American Elite series from Fender is one of the companies most innovative lines yet, focusing on redesigns of classic guitars from Fender’s past, packed full of 21st st century technology and playability. The American Elite series are of a truly Elite quality, with unparalleled versatility paired with all the traditional Fender tone you could want.
The American Elite Telecaster brings the iconic Telecaster design right up to date. Since its inception in the 1950’s, the Tele has been at the forefront of music making, and the American Elite Telecaster ensures it remains the go to guitar for the modern guitarist. While mostly retaining its original styling, the American Elite Tele comprises a super slick compound radius fingerboard and new contoured neck heel design. The fingerboard radius moves from a 9.5” to 14” size, with the neck taking on a modern ‘C’ shape at the nut, and a more ‘D’ shaped profile towards the neck heel. This makes for a superbly comfortable playing style, with extra playability when bending notes up in the higher register.
The signature sound of a Fender Telecaster has long been one of its most coveted features, and the American Elite Telecaster is no different. Exclusive to the American Elite series, the American Elite Tele features three 4th generation noiseless pickups designed to offer pristine clarity, richness and depth and handle authentic vintage style overdrive in one package, all with zero of that single coil hum that has become so synonymous with Telecasters through the ages. Paired with Fenders S1 switching system mounted to the top of the volume control, the American Elite Telecaster can access parallel and series wiring options at the touch of a button, offering the most expansive tonal range of any guitar that Fender make.
A new minimalist black chrome headstock logo and unique American Elite Series finishes develop on the classic design of Teles from the past, ensuring the American Elite Telecaster is at the cutting edge of style as well as tone. The American Elite series also include a deluxe ABS hard case with all instruments.
The American Elite Telecaster is the latest iteration of an instrument that has been at the forefront of popular music since the middle of the last century, and while drawing heavily on its rich heritage the American Elite Telecaster is the ultimate blend of classic design and modern guitar playing innovation, making it certainly one of the most versatile Fender instruments you’ll find.
- Series: American Elite
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Compound Back Shape, Modern “C” to “D”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Head-stock Face (Ebony)
- Fingerboard: Ebony 9.5” to 14” Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Large Black Pearloid Dots (Maple), Large Pearloid Dots (Ebony)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Tele with Chromed Brass Saddles
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell (708), Mint Green (774)
- Pickups: New 4th Generation Noiseless (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge andNeck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: S-1™ Switch Controls:Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch) Master No-Load Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case: Elite Moulded Case