Founded in 1968, Electro Harmonix are the original pioneers of the guitar stomp box world. The first company to really offer a wide range of affordable guitar pedals, Electro Harmonix is responsible for some of the most recognisable guitar tones in rock. Still designed and manufactured in New York, they continue to innovate as much as they have over the last 50 years.
The OP Amp Big Muff is a faithful reissue of the late 70's Big Muff pedals whose value has sky rocketed on the vintage market in recent years, and with this reissue Electro Harmonix sought to retain all of that tonal character at a price that guitar players could afford. The OP Amp Big Muff made a comeback in the 90's alt rock scene through Billy Corgan, forming the basis of the guitar tone on the Smashing Pumkins 1993 album 'Siamese Dream.' While most Big Muff circuits are transistor based with four gain stages, this reissue makes use of an OP-Amp circuit with only three gain stages, resulting in a heavier, crunchier sound than some other smoother Big Muff circuits, making it perfect for anyone wanting a higher gain, more aggressive fuzz sound. The tone control can be dialled in to create all kinds of harmonic characteristics, and can also be bypassed for a punchier sound.
- A faithful reissue of the original classic circa 1978
- Iconic sound and vibe that’s coveted by guitarists
- Controls for Tone, Sustain and Volume, plus a Tone Bypass switch.
- True bypass switching for maximum signal integrity in bypass mode
- Rugged, compact, die-cast package… pedalboard friendly
- Ships with a 9Volt battery, also accepts an optional EHX9.6DC-200 AC Adapter