Following the success or the B9, C9, and KEY9 pedals, the MEL9 is the latest ingenious keyboard emulation pedal from Electro Harmonix, perfectly capturing the sound of one of the most recognisable vintage keyboards around. The Mellotron is a tape based sampling keyboard made most famous for its use in many of the Beatles most experimental recordings, and now with the MEL9 those classic orchestral sounds can be at your guitar playing fingertips. Featuring nine of the Mellotrons most famed presets, the MEL9 combines authentic tone with unmatched tracking to sound as realistic as possible. The 'Attack' and 'Sustain' controls allow for precision tone shaping that can generate a convincing orchestral sound, and you also have the abiity to blend in as much of your dry guitar signal as you like.
The Electro Harmonix MEL9 is an amazingly intuitive pedal that opens up a whole world of possibilities with your guitar playing.
Founded in 1968, Electro Harmonix are the original pioneers of the guitar stomp box world. The first company to really offer a wide range of affordable guitar pedals, Electro Harmonix is responsible for some of the most recognisable guitar tones in rock, and today they continue to innovate as much as they have over the last 50 years.
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down to the open A string as well as keyboards within the limits of its polyphony (5 notes) and range (A1 to A5)
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase