The Electro Harmonix HOG 2 has long been one of the most in depth and mind bending effects produced by the company, capable of a huge range of sonic weirdness. Based on the same algorithm as used in the POG range of pedals, the HOG 2 takes this to another level, with voices ranging from -2 octave to +4 octaves that incorporate 10 individual harmonic intervals across this range.
The HOG 2 also features amplitude envelop controls and a resonant filter with sweepable frequency, to precisely dial in a huge range of tones. In addition to this, the HOG 2 has 7 different assignable expression modes, include a 'Freeze' function that acts in the same way as the EHX Freeze pedal, holding notes or chords indefinitely. The HOG 2 is fully MIDI compatible and also has the option of saving up to 100 presets via an external controller footswitch.
Founded in 1968, Electro Harmonix are the original pioneers of the guitar stomp box world. The first company to really offer a wide range of affordable guitar pedals, Electro Harmonix is responsible for some of the most recognisable guitar tones in rock. Still designed and manufactured in New York, they continue to innovate as much as they have over the last 50 years.
- Sophisticated new algorithms improve the quality of the ten generated octaves and harmonics as well as the Freeze function.
- Full MIDI control over all parameters and presets
- A Master Volume for added control and convenience. Volume levels are saved as part of a preset.
- 10 Controllable harmonic intervals and 7 Expression modes
- Freeze modes holds a note or chord so you can play over it or slide to new notes like a keyboardist playing portamento.
- Amplitude envelope controls your attack or decay speeds.
- Dedicated resonant filtering with sweepable frequency control.
- Separate lower and upper harmonic amplitude envelopes.
- Save and recall up to 100 preset programs with the optional Foot Controller (sold separately)
- External expression pedal included.
- Standard 9VDC 200mA power supply included.