Taking influence from both the classic 70's Big Muff Pi circuit as well as the Sovtek made 90's Russian Big Muff, the Electro Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi is the perfect partner for fattening up your bass sound. The original Sovtek Big Muffs have always been popular with bass players for the way they react to lower frequencies, and now with the Bass Big Muff Pi there is a specifically engineered pedal for that very purpose. With the Sustain control rolled slightly off, the Bass Big Muff Pi will thicken up the low end of your bass sound, and as the Sustain increases so will the low end growl, giving the same rich distortion typical of a Big Muff circuit. The addition of a 'Dry' switch is a feature perfect for bass players, allowing you blend the distorted signal with the dry tone of your bass, adding a harmonic fizz to the sound.
Founded in 1968, Electro Harmonix are the original pioneers of the guitar stomp box world. The first company to really offer a wide range of affordable guitar pedals, Electro Harmonix is responsible for some of the most recognisable guitar tones in rock. Still designed and manufactured in New York, they continue to innovate as much as they have over the last 50 years.
- True bypass
- Tailor your drive/distortion sound with sustain, tone and volume knobs
- A dry switch that mixes your dry bass with the Bass Big Muff Pi's distortion
- A bass boost EQ switch that reintroduces your low frequencies when tone is set for high frequencies
- Based on the Russian Big Muff
- Tough and compact die-cast chassis
- 9-volt battery included
- Optional 96DC-200BI power supply available