This is a polyphonic pitch shifting modulator, it's a unique pedal designed to be wild and out of control - perfect for anyone who wants to create unique soundscapes, interesting pitches and sounds, or simply add to their own sonic arsenal. The new Rainbow Machine V2 also features new Flexi-Switching, meaning that the pedal can be used in both latching and momentary modes!
- Pitch: This controls the pitch of the harmony. All the way counterclockwise is a 4th down, all the way clockwise is a 3rd up. The middle position is unison. The pitch can be controlled by an expression pedal as well.
- Exp Jack: This is an expression pedal control jack for the pitch. The Pitch control is defeated when an expression pedal is inserted.
- Primary: This controls the volume of the Primary pitch-shifted signal. Unity gain is at about 2 o’clock, anything above will boost the signal.
- Secondary: This controls the volume of the secondary pitch-shifted signal. The Secondary controls the octave up/down from the primary pitch. At the noon position the Secondary is not present at all. However, turning the knob counterclockwise from noon yields an octave below, whereas turning clockwise yields an octave above and everything in between. Unity gain is at about 2 o’clock, anything above will boost the signal.
- Tracking: This controls the amount of lag time between the direct dry signal and the shifted wet signal. The pitch-shifted signal will track right on the dry signal when this control is all the way clockwise. It will start to lag behind the more it is reduced. This function is especially useful when the “Magic” is engaged.
- Magic: This adjusts the “weirdness” of the effect. The end result is a wide variety of wild effects depending on where the other controls are set. The magic control will only work if the magic switch is engaged and the primary and/or secondary are in use. (Technically, it’s a regeneration control that creates aliasing between a mix of the primary and secondary functions feeding back against each other.)
- Tone: All the way clockwise is full signal, turn counterclockwise to soften the highs.
- 4.625″ x 3.7″ x 2.25″ with knobs