The Earthquaker Devices Plumes Small Signal Shredder is the companies latest take on the often reworked low to mid gain Tube Screamer style drive. The idea for the Plumes came about while developing Earthquakers much more in depth Palisades overdrive, featuring a simple control layout and three mode clipping section. The Plumes utilises JFET OpAmps for a more precise, lower noise sound. The three clipping stages are designed to work with a range of pickups and playing styles, with Mode 1 featuring LEDs for the crunchiest, most compressed sound the pedal offers. Mode 2 is a no clipping OpAmp based circuit for a clean boost that can push the front end of your amp, while Mode 3 utilises asymmetrical clipping diodes for the most transparent overdrive sound found in the Plumes. The Tone control has also been redesigned to offer better response across the frequency range, a feature that is extremely noticeable and allows you to dial in a huge range of sounds.
Earthquaker Devices are arguably the most well known boutique effects pedal maker in the world, with a selection of pedals that is hugely diverse and encompasses both functionality and insanity in equal measure. All of their pedals are lovingly handmade in Akron, Ohio.
- Unique approach to a classic tube-like overdrive circuit offers more headroom, lower noise and far better signal integrity
- Features 3 different clipping options: symmetrical LED, asymmetrical silicon and no diode OpAmp drive
- Re-imagined tone control helps to sculpt low end, clear top end and focused midrange
- All-analog signal path
- Flexi-Switch allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching from a single footswitch
- Silent soft-touch switching with True Bypass
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU