Earthquaker Devices are arguably the most well known boutique effects pedal maker in the world, with a selection of pedals that is hugely diverse and encompasses both functionality and insanity in equal measure. All of their pedals are lovingly handmade in Akron, Ohio.
The Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird is a unique sounding tremolo modelled on the vintage repeat percussion units similar to the tremolo tone of vintage Vox amps. The Hummingbird can cover both ends of the tremolo spectrum, and is equally adept at smooth and vintage voiced tremolo tones to choppy, almost delay like percussive sounds. There are standard controls present for rate and depth, while the 'Level' control can also be used a JFET boost. A mini toggle switch allows for switching between three preset rate modes that cover a huge range of tonal possibilities. You can also control the rate with an external expression pedal input.
The Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird is a wonderfully simple and versatile tremolo that has something to offer for any kind of playing style.
- Repeat percussions / Tremolo - Vintage choppy, sawtooth tremolo tones
- Dark, dreamy, murky delay sounds reminiscent of vintage oil-can and tape units
- Variable waveshape LFO - adjustable from triangle through square wave
- New flexi-switch - allows for latch and momentary operation
- True bypass - Silent soft-touch switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- Top-mounted jacks - for effortless pedalboard implementation