Earthquaker Devices are arguably the most well known boutique effects pedal maker in the world, with a selection of pedals that is hugely diverse and encompasses both functionality and insanity in equal measure. All of their pedals are lovingly handmade in Akron, Ohio.
The Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter is a luscious four stage Phaser that can double up as a great analog Vibrato, encompassing a great range of vintage voiced phaser sounds with the kind of flexibility not usually found on your run of the mill Phaser pedal. The Grand Orbiter is an OTA based Phaser that can go from slow and subtle to fast and far out at the flick of a switch. A toggle switch is used to select between three built in modes; Rate 1 is a slower speed, Rate 2 removes any LFO movement from the effect and makes the Grand Orbiter a fixed resonant filter, and Rate 3 is a much faster overall modulation speed. The 'Depth' control is used to perfectly blend your guitars dry signal with the effect while in Phase mode, and functions as a level control in Vibrato mode with your dry guitar signal removed. The 'Sweep' control sets the peak frequency of the phased signal from brighter and more present do darker and more subtle. It is rare to find a 100% analog Phaser and true pitch Vibrato that offer as much tonal control as the Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter, making it a great option for anyone looking for a modulation pedal that covers plenty of bases.
The Grand Orbiter V2 also features Earthquaker Devices' new Flexi-Switching technology, meaning the pedal can be used in both momentary and latching foot switch modes.
- Depth - Controls the amount of phase effect mixed with dry signal. Clockwise for more intense phasing, counterclockwise for less. In “Vibrato” mode, this acts as a volume control.
- Rate - Controls the speed of the LFO. Faster clockwise, slower counter clockwise.
- Sweep - Controls the frequency peak of the sweep. Higher peak clockwise, lower peak counter clockwise.
- Resonance - Controls the regeneration of the phased signal. More resonant clockwise, more subtle counter clockwise.
- Rate 1,2,3 - Changes the range of the speed control. Rate 1 is slow mode, rate 2 is LFO kill to use the Orbiter as a fixed resonant filter, rate 3 is fast mode.
- Phase/Vibrato - Cuts the dry signal to create a vibe/vibrato effect depending on the setting of the other controls. Vibrato is created by turning the resonance down low.
- Powered by any standard 9V DC centre negative power supply