This is Earthquaker Devices' take on the beloved Ace Tone Fuzz Master FM-2 Professional fuzz machine, very similar to the even-closer-to-your-heart super fuzz. This is the original circuit re-imagined to be easier to use and more practical sonically for the modern player.
- Fuzz: Turning this control clockwise creates more dirt.
- Tone: Darker and scooped tones clockwise. Brighter and more open tones counter-clockwise
- Level: Adjusts the output volume.
- Voice: Three way toggle switch which selects the clipping style:
- Mode 1 - Germanium clipping. This produces a more open and looser fuzz.
- Mode 2 - Silicon clipping. This produces a tigher, more compressed fuzz.
- Mode 3 - Open, pure transistor drive. This produces a nearly clean octave-up effect and creates a sound very similar to ring modulation.
- CAUTION! Mode 3 is very loud; turn down the level when using this mode.To get the best octave effect, use the neck pickup and play above the 12th fret. This is an analog octave so single notes work best but full chords produce an awesome, destructive sound!
- 4.625″ x 2.5″ x 2.25″ with knobs