The Dreadnought acoustic shape has been at the heart of Martin's acoustic guitar production for over 100 years, revered for their open, resonant tone and a style that has become synonymous with acoustic guitars as we know them. This 2017 D-41 Reimagined is as good as it gets for a top of the line production Martin guitar, with a Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides that give a perfectly balanced tone ideal for a variety of playing styles. The D-41 Reimagined combines classic Martin design and construction process with some more modern specifications, such as the neck which features a modified low oval profile with a 1 3/4" nut width Performing Artist taper for a comfortable playing feel up and down the neck, along with forward shifted scalloped X bracing for enhanced resonance and sustain. Elsewhere, the classic Martin appointments are present and correct, with Abalone multi stripe inlay and rosette, along with a traditional vertical C F Martin inlaid headstock logo.
Condition / Originality:
This guitar is in excellent cosmetic condition and plays very well. It also includes its original Martin hard case.
- Construction - Dovetail Neck Joint
- Top Material - Sitka Spruce
- Rosette - Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern - Forward Shifted X Brace
- Brace Shape - Scalloped
- Brace Material - Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size - 5/16"
- Back Material - East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip - Style 45
- Side Material - East Indian Rosewood
- Binding - Antique White
- Top Inlay Material - Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material - Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material - Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape - Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper - High Performance Taper
- Nut Material - Bone
- Fingerboard Material - Ebony
- Scale Length - 25.4"
- Fingerboard Width at Nut - 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret - 2 1/8''
- Top Color - Aging Toner
- Finish Neck - Satin
- Bridge Material - Ebony
- Bridge Style - Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing - 2 5/32"
- Saddle - Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius - 16"
- Tuning Machines - Gold Open Gear
- Bridge Pin Dots - Abalone
- Pickguard - Faux Tortoise
- Case - Ply Hardshell