*Sold with CITES Article 10 certificate (no. 573990/03)
An excellent player grade vintage Esquire (with added neck pickup) refinished in a really attractive deep burgundy with a subtle sparkle to it. This represents an excellent opportunity to acquire vintage looks, feel and tone on a modest budget thanks to a few changes to the guitar's originality. Fortunately the bridge pickup and pots are all stock, as is the body, neck and neck finish meaning it retains it's desirable vintage 'played-in' feel and sought after vintage tone. The body is lightweight and very resonant, and the neck profile is a perfect 'D' profile. Other noteworthy features you'd expect from an Esquire of this period; Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard, clay dot inlays, single-line Kluson tuners, single string tree and threaded saddles. The off-white 5-hole repro pickguard is from a Custom Shop reissue Tele.
The non original neck pickup is a custom vintage wound single coil designed to complement the original bridge pickup. It gives you plenty of options tonally and thanks to the fact Esquires used Tele bodies no routing was necessary for installation. The buyer could easily restore the configuration back to original if they so desired.
All in all this is a really good player's piece at a great price. Anyone looking for vintage looks, feel and tone is going to love this one!
Condition / Originality:
- Professionally refinished a number of years ago in a unique Burgundy Metallic / Sparkle nitro finish, now showing wear to the back through being played and enjoyed for a number of years
- 3 July 63B neck stamp
- Original brass plate bridge pickup intact
- Added custom wound neck pickup
- Original single line Kluson tuners
- Original Orange drop caps and pots - pot codes both date to the 40th week of 1963