Introduced in 1959, the Gibson ES-330 became a staple of Gibson's hollow body range throughout the 60's and early 70's, featuring it's signature fully hollow body design combined with a pair of warm and punchy p90's. Initially less desirable than the companies flagship ES-335 model, the ES-330 has gone on to become a favourite with players for its signature sound and looks. This model is an all original, collector condition example from 1962 complete with original case.
This 1962 ES-330 features its original nickel covered P90 pickups, giving a beautifully balanced sound with plenty of clarity that is rich and deep when paired with the 330's hollow body design. The guitar features its original bridge, trapeze, reflector control knobs and single line Kluson tuners, all of which are in fully functioning condition. The neck is a fuller feeling early sixties Gibson D style profile, with original Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard that is in very good condition. The finish is a beautiful early sixties sunburst that is in wonderful condition for its age, showing just the right amount of play wear and patina but in excellent condition with no overspray. This guitar is a first class example of an early 60's Gibson hollow body and an excellent collector grade instrument, the likes of which is only becoming harder and harder to find.
Condition / Originality:
- Original Sunburst finish in excellent condition for a guitar of this age, showing only very minor signs of wear
- Original P90 pickups with original Nickel pickup covers
- Original single line Kluson tuners
- Short scale 17th fret neck join as was the standard for ES-330's pre 1968
- Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with block inlays
- Original bridge and trapeze
Sold with CITES Article 10 certificate