The Stone Deaf Kliptonite is distortion and Fuzz in one delicious green box, the fuzz is really jaggy sounding and doesn't sustain that much, but when blended with the distortion side of the pedal, there are numerous sonic possibilities.
The first footswitch is the standard On/ Off which you would expect, but, the second footswitch allows you to invert the blend between the fuzz and the distortion, for example, if the pedal was set to 30% distortion and 70% fuzz, pressing the footswitch would result in 70% distortion and 30% fuzz.
One of a number of homegrown pedal makers carving out a real reputation for themselves, Stone Deaf make awesome hand made pedals right here in the UK. While well known for their diverse range of gain pedals all featuring their unique parametric EQ, Stone Deaf also make some incredibly forward thinking digitally controlled analog pedals, and are one of a hand full of companies really pioneering this use of technology in guitar effects.
Features and Benefits:
- Paracentric EQ with adjustable fuzz and overdrive gain (Players can dial in full tonal spectrum of their amplifier tone.)
- Frequency response from 35Hz-6kHz (Players can dial in full tonal spectrum of their amplifier tone.)
- Dual Channel (Fuzz and Overdrive channels)
- Frequency sweep control via expression pedal (Can dial in your tone on the fly with your foot using the Expression pedal EP-1)
- Mirror Mix for mixing fuzzy and overdriven tones on both channels and in expression mode.
- Wah Wah function via expression pedal (Wah Wah tones via expression pedal (Overdriven or Fuzzy or both)
- Phaser Function via expression pedal (Phaser tones via expression pedal (Overdriven or Fuzzy or both)
- 9v Power supply centre negative 2.1mm Boss Style
- Footswitchable Dual Channel, Fuzz and Overdriven paracentric EQ (Foot switchable Fuzzy Channel or Distorted Channel)
- Expression input (Please note that the Kliptonite will only work with the Stone Deaf EP-1 expression pedal because it uses the same custom components to achieve the effect.)
- Light weight aluminium enclosure
- Easy Access Battery Compartment
- Hand Built in Manchester, United Kingdom