What is the JHS Pedals Angry Charlie? Well, think Marshall JCM800 in a box: the V3 of this pedal boasts a 3 band eq allowing you to sculpt your tone into exactly what you're looking for - everything from a modest lightly driven combo to a screaming hot cranked stack this pedal can replicate them all as the drive and volume interact like the drive and master volume on the JCM series heads.
In recent years JHS has become well known for their accurate reconstructions of popular or sought after amplifiers in pedal form, and the Angry Charlie offers a huge amount of gain on tap, turning any amp in to a roaring Marshall stack at the flick of a foot switch. Featuring a 3 control EQ, the Angry Charlie can be sculpted to the exact needs of your playing style, be it high gain with scooped mids or a lower gain sound with a touch of treble boost. The Angry Charlie is also extremely reactive to the dynamics of both your playing and of your guitars volume control, just like a real guitar amp would be.
Combining sleek designs with a great tones, JHS Pedals are regarded as some of the finest sounding hand made guitar effects pedals on the market.
- Turns any amp into a screaming Marshall stack
- Go from bluesy Hendrix-like breakup to high-gain Brit tones with a twist of the Drive knob
- Drive and Volume control interact the same as a master volume amp head
- Back off your guitar’s volume to control your gain levels without losing clarity
- Fine-tune your tone with controls for Bass, Middle, and Treble
- Active controls boost and cut their selected frequencies