Since the 1950's Fender instruments have been the go to for players of all kinds. Young or old, beginner or professional, the core principles of solid build quality and great tone have always made Fender guitars such a popular choice. The new Player series from Fender builds on this history, offering a mixture of classic styling and authentic Fender tone that provides you with an instrument that is reliable, versatile and endlessly creative.
The new Fender Player Stratocaster HSS incorporates many modern features while remaining true to the spirit of what makes Fender guitars of yesteryear so popular. The Alder body is equipped with three specially designed Player series pickups; two Alnico 5 single coils for a classic bell like Stratocaster sound, and one Alnico 2 humbucker in the bridge position for those who need a hotter output option for more modern playing styles. The neck features both a 'Modern C' profile and 9.5" fretboard radius, which when combined with the smooth finish to the back of the neck makes for an extremely comfortable playing experience with a profile suited to a huge range of styles.
Other features include a traditional Fender 2 point tremolo system that is smoother to use than ever, a 5 way pickup selector switch, 3 ply pick guard, sealed tuning machines and a four bolt 'F' stamped neck plate.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650"
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast / Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Bridge: 2 Point Synchronised Tremolo with bent Steel saddles
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single Coil (Middle/Neck) Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucker (Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Inner coil of Bridge Pickup and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)