Initially introduced as Fenders top of the line model in the late 50's, the Fender Jazzmaster was the deluxe instrument intended to supersede the Stratocaster. Designed with jazz players in mind, it actually found favour with alternative musicians from the 60's onwards, contributing heavily to the sound and aesthetic of Surf, New Wave and Grunge to name but a few The new Player series from Fender builds on this history, combining the vintage Jazzmaster looks with a more modern sound.
The new Fender Player Jazzmaster continues the legacy of being the perfect fit for those looking to stand out from the crowd and push their tonal boundaries. The alder body is fitted with two specially designed Alnico 2 humbucking pickups in the bridge and neck position, for a high output sound perfect for playing with gain, but also capable of some nice warm clean tones. The Player Jazzmaster has even more tonal versatility with the addition of a push pull coil split, unlocking a classic Fender single coil tone. The maple is a 'Modern C' profile and 9.5" fretboard radius with 22 medium jumbo frets for comfortable playing and easy expression. The Player Jazzmaster also features a vintage inspired six saddle bridge and floating tremolo tailpiece, staying true to its 60's roots.
Other features include an offset body design, a 3 ply pick guard, vintage styled open gear tuning machiens and a four bolt 'F' stamped neck plate.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern 'C'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Head-stock Face
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650”
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)