The Fender Parallel Universe series a super limited run of innovative and unique guitars for 2018. Released in very limited numbers month to month throughout the year, the Parallel Universe series offers many never before seen designs from Fender that draw from their rich history and combine elements from some of their most revered guitars. Ever wondered what this or that combination would be like? The Fender Parallel Universe range is the perfect response to those times you've stopped and thought, 'what if...?'
The Telecaster Bass is undoubtedly one of Fenders most recognisable and popular early 50's instruments, and the Parallel Universe range offers the 51 Telecaster Bass with all that classic 50's style combined with modern tone and playability. The Parallel Universe Telecaster Bass is much punchier and fuller sounding than it's 50's counterpart, largely down to the PJ pickup configuration that can now be found on many modern Fender basses. With a Custom Shop 60's Jazz bass pickup in the bridge and a Custom Shop 60's Precision bass split coil pickup in the Middle position, the 51 Telecaster Bass offers a huge amount of tonal variety while remaining true to its vintage roots.
A 1963 'C' profile Maple neck is comfortable and easy to play, especially when paired with a more modern 9.5" fretboard radius. Other vintage inspired features include a single ply black pickguard, knurled dome control knobs with concentric volume controls and a traditional Fender spaghetti headstock logo. All Parallel Universe instruments also include a Fender elite moulded hard case.
Available in very limited numbers this year, the Fender Parallel Universe 51 Telecaster Bass is a fantastic recreation of one of Fenders most important early instruments and remains true to its vintage heritage, making it a welcome addition to any guitar collection.
- Series: Limited Edition
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, 1963 'C'
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Front, Satin Nitrocellulose Back
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage Style Keys With Tapered Shaft
- Scale Length: 34"
- Bridge: 4 Saddle Hi Mass Vintage Style Bass
- Pickguard: 1 Ply Black
- Pickups: Custom Shop 60's Single Coil Jazz (Bridge), Custom Shop 60's Split Coil Precision (Middle)
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Dual Concentri Volume Controls, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case