The Fender Telecaster has long been the working musicians electric guitar of choice, with its perfect combination of simplicity and pure tone. Over the years it has also been the starting point for countless mods, pickup swaps and general tinkering for people looking to achieve their perfect guitar. Drawing on the heritage of Fender's easy to modify nature, the Fender Custom Shop 2018 Limited Edition '51 HS Telecaster Relic in Wide Fade 2 Colour Sunburst gives this much loved model far more tonal versatility and neck pickup power than is usually found on a Tele, while retaining its 50's vintage appeal.
Constructed from an Ash body paired with a Maple Rift Sawn Neck, this "Relic" finished instrument is designed to show a good amount of play wear, like a guitar that has been played, gigged and enjoyed thoroughly in its lifetime. The neck is a 10/56 "V" profile with a 7.25" - 9.5" compound radius neck for a mixture of early 50's palm filling fatness and modern playability. The body is fitted with a Custom Shop Hand-wound Crushed '50-'51 Blackguard single coil pickup that has just the right amount of signature Fender bite and twang, while the neck pickup is a full sounding P.A.F style Seymour Duncan Seth Lover Humbucker for those of us who want the Keith Richards tones on tap.
Other features include a 50's style single ply Black phenolic pickguard, a traditional 3 Saddle string through body Telecaster bridge with aged brass saddles, vintage style tuning machines and a deluxe hardshell case with Fender Custom Shop Certificate.
- Model Name: 2018 Limited Edition '51 HS Tele Relic
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Wide Fade 2 Tone Sunburst
- Weight: 7.29 lbs
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: 2 Piece Offset Seam Ash
- Body Finish: Relic Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple Rift Sawn
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Vintage 50085
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: One Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Crushed '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Seth Lover
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3 Saddle Vintage Style Strings Through Body Tele With Compensated Brass Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1 Black
- Control Knobs: Aluminium Knurled Relic
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Certificate of Authenticity