The Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic 1956 Telecaster in Wide Fade 2 Colour Sunburst harks back to the golden era of Fender production. Throughout the 1950's, the Telecaster was heralded for the simplicity of its design, and this 1956 Journeyman Relic seeks to authentically recreate that elegance with some period correct specs that mark '56 as a somewhat transitional year for the model. This Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic 1956 Telecaster celebrates a vintage year for what was the ultimate working musicians instrument of the day.
Featuring a lightweight Ash body and Maple neck, this guitar mixes authentic 50's feel with more modern playability. The 10/56 'V' profile is full in the hand but comfortable to play, and features 6105 Narrow Jumbo fret and a 9.5" radius for easier bends and a comfortable playing feel. The nitro lacquer finish is subject to a Journeyman Relic, designed to represent a well loved and well played guitar with some marks and checking to the finish that give it the kind of vintage looks you would expect from a guitar of its vintage.
The body is fitted with a pair of hand wound Fender Custom Shop '55 Single Coil Telecaster pickups, with plenty of authentic biting and twangy 50's Tele tone. Other period correct features include a 55/57 Tele bridge with Steel saddles (marking a change from the original Brass saddles), a single ply Eggshell pickguard and flat top knurled control knobs.
Includes a Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: 1956 Telecaster® Journeyman Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Wide Fade 2-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 9235000839
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Wide-Fade 2-Color Sunburst
- Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 10/56 "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '55 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '55 Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: Modern Tele® Wiring with Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele® with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity