Combining both the aesthetic and the vintage voiced tone of one of Fenders golden era instruments, the Fender Custom Shop 2018 Heavy Relic 1958 Stratocaster in Aged Black is part of this years offering from Fenders most elite guitar builders. One of the more interesting years for Fender in the 50's, 1958 sees the introduction of many features that would go on to be mainstays throughout the 1960's, while it is also the final year that things like a maple fingerboard would be offered as standard on Fender guitars for some time.
The Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic 1958 Stratocaster is constructed from a two piece alder body with a AA flamed quartersawn maple neck. The guitar is finished in a heavy relic'd Aged Black lacquer, giving it an authentically vintage look and feel as if it has been well loved and well played for a number of years. The neck is a '59 spec C shape profile which is comfortable in the hand and familiar for many Fender players, and also sports a 9.5" fretboard radius as opposed to the 7.25" vintage radius, making lead playing and bending that bit more comfortable.
The body is loaded with a set of Fender Custom Shop handwound Fat 50's Strat pickups, providing a tone that is balanced and versatile while retaining all the vibe and character that you would want from a vintage Stratocaster. Other features include a 50's style single ply Eggshell pickguard, an American Vintage synchronised tremolo, vintage correct tuner and a deluxe hard shell case complete with a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
As the price of original 50's Fender instruments continues to go up and up, the Fender Custom Shop 2018 Heavy Relic 1958 Stratocaster is a wonderful example of the authentic vintage feel and sound that can be found with a Fender Custom Shop guitar for a fraction of the price of an original.
- Model Name: 1958 Stratocaster Heavy Relic, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Black
- Model Number: 9235000511
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Aged Black
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1 Piece AA Flame Maple Quartersawn
- Neck Shape: 1959 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialised with Custom Shop V Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1 Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand Wound Fat 50's Single Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand Wound Fat 50's RWRP Single Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand Wound Fat 50's Single Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume With Tone Saver Bleed, Tone 1 (Neck/Middle) Tone 2 (Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 5 Way Switch
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: American Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: Single Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity